This web site is owned and operated by Hooker Fishing Tackle who are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction and take pride in the quality of our products and service. If you have any suggestions or comments and would like to contact us, please use our "contact us" page.
Our Contact details:
Hooker Fishing Tackle
PO Box 798
Bay of Islands
Phone: 09 4073315
Email: info [at] hookerfishingtackle [dot] com
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase couldn't be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
Overseas Orders - Please email us for a freight quote first.
We accept Visa and MasterCard. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. If you do not wish to pay online, you may send your card information via phone, fax or by post.
If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, contact us and we will correct the mistake.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
We dispatch your order within 48 hours.
You must inform us within two working days if the goods are damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
Any quotations of delivery times by us are made in good faith but are estimates and we shall not be bound by such quotation.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your back ordered items if you would rather not wait.
All pricing is in New Zealand dollars.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
If for any reason you're not fully satisfied with your purchase simply return to us for a full refund, (excluding postage). All of our products come with a 14 day, "changed your mind" :, no questions asked satisfaction guarantee. (We realize that buying from photos off the net can be tricky sometimes).
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, alternatively, you can call on 09 4073315 (International +64 09 4073315) or fax us on or write to us at PO Box 798 Kerikeri 0245 New Zealand
Hooker Fishing Tackle does not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfillment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
a. Take and fulfill customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
You may cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days for a full refund, excluding the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty.
Any goods returned must be unused and in saleable condition.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The above policies and the following Further Terms and Conditions apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
FURTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
'The seller' refers to Hooker Fishing Tackle
'The buyer' refers to any legal entity purchasing from the seller.
All pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST.
The seller's website and advertising only constitute an invitation to treat. Ordering goods (online or otherwise) constitutes an offer by the buyer to buy in accordance with these terms and conditions. The seller's acceptance occurs (and the contract is formed) when the goods are dispatched to the buyer.
Where the seller accepts the buyer's order these terms and conditions (together with the acceptance) constitute the entire agreement between the seller and the buyer and it is expressly agreed that there are no other understandings, representations or warranties of any kind (express or implied) forming part of this contract. In particular:
Any condition contained in the buyer's order which is inconsistent with, qualifies or is contrary to these conditions shall have no effect unless that condition is expressly accepted in writing by the seller.
Any variation, waiver or cancellation of the buyer's order shall have no effect unless accepted in writing by the seller.
In the event the transaction - the subject of these conditions of sale - is subject to various Acts of the New Zealand Government, including the Commerce Act 1986, the Fair Trading Act 1986, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Sale of Goods Act 1994 then:
Where the buyer is acquiring the product for the purpose of business then the Acts shall not apply.
In the event the purchaser is acquiring the product for purposes other than that of a business, then these conditions of sale shall be interpreted subject to the purchaser's rights under the Acts, to the intent that no provisions shall any way limit the purchaser's rights under the Acts.
Liability for shortages in the quantity of goods delivered is limited to making up the shortages. No claim for shortages in quantity will be allowed unless the customer gives notification of the shortage in writing within 7 days of the delivery and provides a reasonable opportunity for the seller to investigate the claim.
The seller shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay in delivery of the goods, or failure to perform any term of this contract where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or facilities and accidents, interruptions of, or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond the seller's control.
- Goods supplied in accordance with the buyer's order can only be returned in accordance with the Right of Return policy.
- The buyer shall ensure that the goods ordered are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required and the seller is under no liability if they are not. .
- In lieu of any warranty, condition, or liability by law, the seller's liability in respect of any defect in or failure of the goods supplied, or for any loss, injury, or damage attributable thereto, is limited to making good the replacement or repair of defects arising under normal proper use and maintenance arising solely from faulty design, materials, or workmanship within the guarantee period, if stated, or otherwise within 1 month of the date of supply, provided always that such defective parts are promptly returned to the seller, at the buyers expense, unless otherwise arranged. The seller shall not be liable for consequential, indirect or special damages or loss of profits under any circumstances. At the termination of the appropriate period (i.e. the guarantee period or 1 month as indicated above) all liability on the seller's part ceases. .
- The warranty does not cover damage from misuse, accident, negligence, inappropriate or improper operation, maintenance, installation, modification or adjustment. .
- Risk (including insurance responsibility) shall pass to the buyer on collection of the goods by the buyer or on the delivery by the seller or by the source to the buyer or his agent or to a carrier for delivery to the buyer. .
- Ownership of all goods sold by the seller ("the goods") is retained by the seller until full payment is received for all amounts owing in respect of all goods supplied. This provision is designed to protect the seller in the event of the bankruptcy, receivership or liquidation of the buyer, a seizure of goods by a creditor of the buyer or default in payment. .
- Any claim or dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1996.
- The contract including these terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by New Zealand Law.